SENIOR HURLERS: Patrickswell produced a stirring comeback to salvage a draw against Kilmallock in the Senior Hurling Championship. Kilmallock started the match with great intensity and built up a seven point lead within fifteen minutes. Aaron Gillane’s free put an end to the onslaught and began the Patrickswell revival. Another Aaron Gillane point reduced the arrears to 0-7 to 0-2, before Kilmallock scored their eighth point. Andrew Carroll and Aaron Gillane contributed fresh points apiece; however their scores were cancelled out by the Balbec. After twenty minutes, the scoreboard displayed a deficit of 0-10 to 0-4. Aaron Gillane’s accuracy from frees was now hurting Kilmallock and he was rewarded with three points in three minutes. Ciaran Carey’s side were sitting within three points at 0-10 to 0-7. Kilmallock nudged ahead with another point, but Gillane chalked up two more points for his personal tally. At half-time, the ‘Well trailed by just 0-11 to 0-9. Aaron Gillane was leading scorer with eight points.

The start of the second half was evenly balanced. Kevin O’Brien and Andrew Carroll notched early points to cancel out Kilmallock’s two points. Our opponents extended their advantage to 0-15 to 0-11 with two unanswered points by the 40th minute. Nigel Foley’s surge from defence was rewarded by a fine score, but Kilmallock were able to respond immediately. Patrickswell’s cause was hampered by the loss of Cian Lynch with fifteen minutes left on the clock. Diarmaid Byrnes’ free reduced the deficit to three points, yet Kilmallock responded with another point to keep the ‘Well at arm’s length. Patrickswell needed a big response and it was delivered by Aaron Gillane’s salvo of four points in four minutes. The teams were inseparable at 0-17 apiece after 57 minutes. Kilmallock appeared to secure the victory with a 58th minute point; however Patrickswell earned a free in stoppage time and Aaron Gillane made no mistake. The final score was 0-18 to 0-18.

MINOR HURLERS: The Minor hurlers lost narrowly to Mungret away in the Premier Hurling Championship. The match was played in poor conditions, which affected the quality of hurling. The hosts raced into a three point lead within five minutes, before Patrick Kirby and Cormac Kerins reduced the deficit to a point. Mungret struck two unanswered points, yet Patrick Kirby equalised with a string of three frees in nine minutes. After 25 minutes, the scores were tied at 0-5 to 0-5. Unfortunately for the ‘Well, Mungret snatched a goal just before the half-time whistle and led by 1-5 to 0-5.

The deteriorating conditions in the second half ensured a low-scoring contest. Cian Enright’s early point was eroded by four consecutive home points by 53rd minute. There were only five minutes on the clock and Patrickswell trailed by 1-9 to 0-6. Cian Enright’s point was a glimmer of hope, but there were no further scores until deep into stoppage time. The ‘Well smuggled the sliotar into the net and reduced the deficit to 1-9 to 1-7. Unfortunately, the referee ended the contest shortly afterwards.

CAMOGIE: Patrickswell’s Junior Ladies play the first round of their championship on Wednesday August 21 at home to Doon at 7.15pm.

UNDER 14 HURLERS: Patrickswell lost the U-14 Hurling County Semi Final to Cois Laoi Gaels by 4-4 to 2-8. Hard luck to the players and management.

CLUB LOTTO: Lotto results for the week ending Monday August 12 were as follows. The numbers drawn were 2, 12, 14 and 20. The Bonus was 4 There was no jackpot winner. The Lucky Dip Winners were Teresa Kenny €100, Kathleen O’Reilly €50, Denise O’Gorman €20, Ann O’Brien €20, Seamus Coughlan €20, Conor Shanahan €20 and Ed Fitzgerald €20. The next draw on Monday August 19 will be held in Punch’s Bar. The jackpot is €4,600.