What a great way to start off the Easter camp. We are delighted to
have 130 children being put through their paces on our pitches by our
own coaches. The weather on Tuesday really made it fantastic Wednesday
and Thursday did not disappoint either. Thank you to our coaches,
Ailbhe, Aoife, Brian, Ciara, Ciaran, Darragh, David, Eamonn, Jenny,
mark, Niamh, Odhran and Patrick. We would also like to thank those who
helped out over the few days. The club will host a summer camp for
three days, starting Monday 1st to Wednesday 3rd July we will let you
know when the registration goes on line. We will also be hosting a Cúl
Camp, you are unable to register on line at the moment but we hope to
have this fixed in the coming days.

The club will be host to a social dance on Saturday 5 May the music on
the night will be from Limelight only €10 entrance for a great night
of entertainment. This is a club fundraiser and we would ask everyone
to come along and support it

Helpers required for the Great Limerick run on Sunday, May 5 2019,
this is a great fundraiser for the club and we would urge all members
who are available to put their name forward to the club phone on
085-8679962. We have the new land to be developed and need to raise as
much funds as possible, we are only looking for you to come out and
help for a few hours on Sunday May 5, for each person Mungret St.
Pauls place on the route is more funds we can raise for the pitches.

This Saturday Limerick Minor Camogie Team play Laois again in this
years Minor B All Ireland Final. The team is captained by our very own
Ailbhe Larkin. Ailbhe is joined on the panel by Mungret St. Pauls team
mates Aoife Morrisey & Sarah Fitzgibbon. Please give our players and
their county team-mates the support they deserve by travelling to the
match to cheer on Limerick Camogie.

Mungret St. Pauls 9-17 Monaleen 1-4
On Monday 22 April 2019 our U-16 players traveled to Monaleen where
they played a great game and were deserving of the result.

Mungret St. Pauls 2-7 Kilteely Dromkeen 4-15
In Mungret on Monday 22 April 2019 our second U-16 football team lined
out against a slightly taller team of Kilteely Dromkeen. They did not
get off to the best start but never gave up. They gave a great display
of football throughout.
Kilteely Dromkeen lead the way throughout the game and had 1-9 scored
before Mungret St. Pauls saw their first point in the last few minutes
of the first half which they followed up with a second point. It was
not all plain sailing for Kilteely Dromkeen in the first half as the
Mungret St. Pauls goalie pulled off two saves for what should have
been definite goals for Kilteely Dromkeen, the backs were working hard
on moving the Kilteely Dromkeen players out and forcing them to send
the ball to the wrong side of the uprights.
The second half was a better game for Mungret St. Pauls as they
started out with a free pointed while they won the next kick out they
sent the ball off coarse. Kilteely Dromkeen hammered back and added on
a goal and 5 points but Mungret St. Pauls powered a reply with their
own goal, Kilteely Dromkeen tried their luck on scoring but Mungret
St. Pauls were the next to add to their score with another goal. It
was a point a piece and then Kilteely Dromkeen scored their third goal
followed up by their forth they then played another point and it was
Mungret St. Pauls to close out the game. Mungret St. Pauls did this in
style as they ball was hit off the cross bar on the rebound it was
caught by a Mungret St. Pauls player kicked but hit off the back of a
tall defender who sent it to another Mungret St. Pauls player who
third time lucky sent the ball over the bar. Another 2 points from
play and the game was finished.
This was a great game to watch from the young team, some of these
players are out again on Wednesday night for the U-14 Championship.

Mungret St. Pauls 2-8 Ballinacurra Gaels 2-3
Mungret St. Pauls were out on Wednesday 24 April 2019 against
Ballinacurra Gaels at home in Mungret. This team consisted of mainly
U-13 players with five U-14 players togging out. This game was very
competitive from the start with our younger players adjusting to
physical challenges of playing older players. There was some great
play during the game with our players coming out on top 2-8 to 2-3.
Well done to all players who showed great commitment to their team.
The next game for these players is away to Cois Laoi Gaels on May 8th

Mungret St. Pauls 0-16 Dromin Athlacca 0-19
Mungret St. Pauls have had better games they had two wins behind them
so started on a better footing than Dromin Athlacca in Mick Neville
Park on Thursday 25 April 2019 but this game was mainly a shoot out of
free takers.
Mungret St. Pauls started out very strong going straight for goal but
sending the chance wide. Dromin Athlacca followed with their own wide.
Mungret St. Pauls then started to hit the target as they pointed twice
before Dromin Athlacca came on the board with a pointed free, this was
then canceled out with a Mungret St. Pauls point from the puck out. It
went a point for point 6 times with 5 of these from frees for Mungret
St. Pauls. Dromin Athlacca stepped it up and with 2 points drew the
game with 5 minutes left in the first half. Dromin Athlacca then
scored 2 more frees either side of Mungret St. Pauls free to finish
the half.
The second half was Dromin Athlaccas game as they continued to lead
the way, they went 4 points up before Mungret St. Pauls pointed their
seventh and eighth free, Dromin Athlacca went on to match each of the
Mungret St. Pauls frees and added another point to finish the game.
Mungret St. Pauls tried a last attempt to score a goal with the free
dropped into the square only to just miss the goal.
This is the first loss for Mungret St. Pauls in the Championship, they
take a break from this until August when they play Kildimo
Photos available on our facebook page

Mungret St. Pauls 2-17 Kilpeacon 1-14
This was a great start to the Minor Championship for our players in
Mungret on Saturday 27 April 2019, they played a great game as a team,
Kilpeacon had some fantastic scores from play but got most from frees.
The game started out even enough with both sides hitting shots off
target, Mungret St. Pauls had 2 points while Kilpeacon had the extra
point before a change in the game as our player toured around
Kilpeacon backs and shot the ball into the back of the net to give
Mungret St. Pauls a lead of 2 points, we were to hold onto the lead
for the rest of the match when our second goal came from a penalty.
Kilpeacon replied with a great point. Mungret St. Pauls hit the
boundaries of the post a few times with both uprights being hit with
the sliotar and going over the cross bar. Kilpeacon were taking their
frees with a few great scores from play, keeping their score going
while Mungret St. Pauls were shooting from all angles and all forwards
had a point by the end of the first half. Half time score was Mungret
St. Pauls 2-10 Kilpeacon 0-9
Mungret St. Pauls reopened the game with a point, another chance was
hit off the cross bar but went back out field. Each team scored a free
and then Mungret St. Pauls had a chance of a third goal but reactions
were too slow and the ball went onto a Kilpeacon hand. Mungret St.
Pauls scored another 3 points, 2 from frees, the rest of the games
scores came from frees for both sides Kilpeacon added another 4,
Mungret St. Pauls added another 2. In the last 4 minutes of the game
there was a lot of pressure put on our backs as Kilpeacon came down
hard on them to try get another goal but they were denied and Mungret
St. Pauls had the last puck of the game as the ball went the far side
of the uprights. They are out next Friday in Caherdavin against Na

Mungret St. Pauls 0-7 Ballybrown 2-9
This was the Junior B’s first match out and they looked a bit rusty in
the first half only scoring 2 points with a lot of wides, the played a
better second half but could just not narrow the gap to win.
The neighbours started strong targeting our goals but were
unsuccessful in their attempt. Mungret St. Pauls wided their first
free but they shot between the uprights on the second chance after
Ballybrown had scored on their first point. Ballybrown continued to
score, Mungret St. Pauls held them off and had a few great saves on
the goal. Ballybrown had added on 2 goals and 3 points before Mungret
St. Pauls scored again from another free just before half time.
The second half was a better scoring game for Mungret St. Pauls but
Ballybrown matches each score to hold the half time lead to the end of
the game. Mungret St. Pauls scored from 2 more frees, the second one
was indirectly as a free player was spotted and the ball passed to
them and over the bar. Ballybrown scored their own point and Mungret
St. Pauls played their fifth point of the game before a great chance
from the youngest player on the pitch came his way and the ball was
shot hard to the goals but just missed the far post to go wide. There
were a lot of failed attempts from both teams, Mungret St. Pauls
scored from play followed up by another wide from each side before the
shots came back on target. Mungret St. Pauls put over their last point
and Ballybrown finished off the game with 4 points. A penalty was
awarded to Mungret St Pauls but the Ballybrown goalie pulled off a
great save. These teams meet again in Mungret next Sunday at 12pm.

Mungret St. Pauls 3-11 Claughaun 0-5
There was a very low scoring first half and an exceptional second half
for Mungret St. Pauls on home ground on Sunday 28 April 2019 in
perfect weather.
Both sides hit a lot of wides in the first half which made it hard to
believe both sides only scored 3 points each. Mungret St. Pauls missed
8 shots and Claughaun hit 5 in the first half. All off Claughuans
points came from frees and Mungret St. Pauls scored one of the 3 from
The second half was defiantly a better half for Mungret St. Pauls,
from the restart Mungret St. Pauls put the pressure on and scored a
point after 2 missed shots. A very unexpected goal came next as a free
was taken it was shot with speed to the feet of the goalie and into
the back of the net, a superb goal. Fresh legs on the pitch brought
along another 2 points and a great goal from play. Mungret St. Pauls
scored another point from play with Claughaun pointing their fourth
placed ball with 42 minutes gone on the clock. Mungret St. Pauls were
given another free from around 20 yards out, the shot was aimed toward
the Claughaun goal, it hit off the cross bar and went under to be
double checked by the referee and confirmed as a goal. In the
following minutes Claughaun scored their first point in the game from
play. Mungret St. Pauls finished the game off with another 3 points.
This was a great opening game for them. They are due out again next
weekend, keep an eye on clubzap for the fixture.

Image may contain: one or more people, shoes and outdoor