Our U-8 group were delighted to put on their new jerseys and play a
blitz against Newport and them selves. This was a great way for them
to see how the money they raised for their coach Breandán O’hAannaidh
who ran 10K in 10 days. There was around 40 children on both sides
each, which were split up into 5 teams. They had two hurling games and
two football games for each team against the opposition.
More photos available on our website.

Mungret St. Pauls 4-17 Askeaton, Ballysteen, Kilcornan 0-5
In Askeaton on Monday 13 May our U-16 footballers had a powerful game.
It started out even enough until Mungret St. Pauls settled into the
game and began to dominate the rest of play and take home a win.

Congratulations to all our young members who have received their first
holy Communion and Confirmation or are due to celebrate them in the
coming weeks. We hope you, your family and friends have a very happy

Mungret St. Pauls 2-18 Bruree 3-15
This was a game played in a strong summer wind, Mungret St. Pauls were
against the wind in the first half and started poorly, they made use
of the breeze in the second half to pull themselves back into a draw
on Tuesday 14 May in Bruree.
Bruree started off with a great head start, Mungret St. Pauls broke
their streak after 5 points when they scored their first point. The
ball went over each cross bar again and then Bruree struck again to
add on another 2 points and a goal. Mungret St. Pauls upped their game
and went 5 scores on the trot bringing them back to 4 points behind
and then Bruree struck again with another goal. A free for Mungret St.
Pauls had them back on the right road again only for bruree to get
their third goal in the game. This last goal saw Bruree nicely ahead
with 9 points but Mungret St. Pauls scored their ninth point just
before the half time.
The half time whistle was perfect timed begin 8 points down Mungret
St. Pauls needed to restructure themselves and plan their attack with
the aid of the breeze. This they did as they held back Bruree from
scoring position and struck at the uprights every chance they had.
Bruree opened the score with a placed ball with Mungret St. Pauls
response a much needed and asked for goal, partnered with a point,
Mungret St. Pauls were back in the game. There were a few wides for
Mungret St.Pauls with Bruree scoring their close range free, they
played a shot to the Mungret St. Pauls goal but it was quickly shot
down and up the field where Mungret St. Pauls brought the score
difference to 5 points. This puck out was returned back over the
crossbar for Bruree. Mungret St. Pauls held on and secured another 2
points from play and then came the shot of the game as the ball was
struck from the 65 yard line straight toward the Bruree defense to
skim off a few waiting hurleys and into the back of the Bruree net,
Mungret St. Pauls were back in it with one point separating the sides.
Both sides started to exchange points and with 10 minutes left in the
game Mungret St. Pauls scored the equalising point, another exchange
of points and Mungret St. Pauls were level again with 4 minutes left
on the clock. Another free each with Mungret St. Pauls scoring the
last one, the puck out came out and into the hands of a Mungret St.
Pauls player, straight back home over the cross bar, yes, Mungret St.
Pauls had their first lead in the game, something was thought may not
happen when we were 9 points down and flat looking on our feet. With
time up and not much injury time to be played the ball was sent to the
Mungret St. Pauls defense, Bruree were looking for their forth goal
but a free into the square, all supporters stopped breathing as the
ball could not be seen but a foul to a Bruree player and a penalty was
called. After all the work Mungret St. Pauls might see it all
disappear in one strike of the ball in the final minute, as luck would
have it the ball was struck too high and hit the cross bar and over it
to draw the game, a result Mungret St. Pauls was grateful with.
Photos available on our facebook page.

Mungret St. Pauls 1-10 Na Piarsaigh 1-14
The U-14 hurlers traveled to Caherdavin to play Na Piarsaigh in the
Jack Lyons Memorial Cup on Wednesday 15 May. Mungret St. Pauls put in
a lot of gound work and played the ball well as they faced a slightly
stronger Na Piarsaigh side.

Mungret St. Pauls 2-15 Kildimo Pallaskenry 0-21
On Thursday 16 May the Junior A hurlers traveled to Kildimo where they
struggled in the first half but composed themselves and brought the
game to a draw. It was Mungret St. Pauls 2 goals that brought them
back into the game and pushed the players on to bring the game to a
level result by the final whistle.

Image may contain: 23 people, people smiling, people standing, sky and outdoor