The cul camp this year for Mugnret St. Pauls was ran very well with only a few hours of rain in the second day they were blessed with dry weather. We were lucky we had our newly purchased land behind the hurling wall where we could safely host the youngest groups while construction began for the music festival. Looking after our 300 children were 21 cul camp coaches our own Shane Barry and Patrick Dwane were accompanied by Micheal, Siobhán, Aishling, Alan, Maeve, Colin, Brian, Dylan, Aaron, Darragh, Neamh, Sive, Ava, Meadbh, Kevin, Emma Kate, Jade, Sophie and Aoife. Over seeing the coaches were Ollie Coffey, James Ryan and Liam Bourke. We would like to also thank our own helpers and volunteers during the week who looked after the loan of equipment and child welfare. The children had a fantastic week and we look forward to them returning back to the pitches in the next few weeks.

We are delighted to be one of 2 Limerick GAA clubs to see our facilities to benefit from an €11,000 grant donation from the Edwards Lifesciences Foundation. They announced the opportunity earlier this year to mark the extension of its presence in the mid-west of Ireland. Out of the 34 applications submitted from both Limerick and Clare, the Limerick clubs that won were Mungret St. Paul’s and Fedamore GAA.
Additionally, members of the Edwards team from it’s Shannon plant will also contribute to the clubs facelift by volunteering manhours. The partnerships will culminate with a community fun day, which will include the provision of free heart health checks by Croi, at which the fruits of the facelifts will be revealed for the entire community to enjoy.


This was a great win for our Minor hulers when they played Na Piarsaigh in Caherdavin on Tuesday 20 August 2019. They were lucky the rain held off for the match and the sun was shining throughout the game.
Na Piarsaigh were first to point but Mungret St. Pauls replied with 4 points, the last coming from a early try on goal being saved to a 65. Na Piarsaighs next point came on the 10 minute mark and went to join it with another 2 points to level the game. Another point each and the game looked like it was going to be a tight affair. This was where Mungret St. Pauls hit their stride and finished the half out very strong with a 6 point lead.
Mungret St. Pauls had a comfortable lead but had to keep their defenses tight as goals were what Na Piarsaigh needed to bridge the gap. 2 Pointed balls from frees reopened the score board for Mungret St. Pauls. Na Piarsaigh slotted a ball over the bar from a free also. Mungret St. Pauls struck another 3 points before Na Piarsaigh replied with their seventh point of the game. Our own goalie was coming under attack but with the support of his backs, were deflecting great balls back to play. Going into the final quarter of the game a ball was struck perfectly to a waiting forward who headed straight toward the Na Piarsaigh goalie and shook the back of the net, this was the turning point in the game, Mungret St. Pauls were now 12 points ahead. Na Piarsaigh were feeling the pressure from Mungret St. Pauls backs who worked like a unit blocking shots to go wide. Both sides saw another point each, a close range free for Na Piarsaigh was sent to the left of the goal mouth. Mungret St. Pauls pointed 2 more balls before the full time whistle was blown.
A win Mungret St. Pauls needed and were rewarded with, we are one game behind after the postponed Ahane match and have another 2 more to play. We are currently sitting in second place with only one loss in the 4 matches played.

Well done to our U-12 hurlers who were delighted to take part in a Munster tournament in Thurles’ Semple Stadium on Tuesday 13 August 2019. Thank you to our coaches who looked after the team on the day.

Mungret St. Pauls 2-14 Doon 3-13
In Doon on Friday 23 August the Minor Hurlers played a tight tough match with messy goals on both sides with Doon scoring the extra goal saw to Mungret St. Pauls loss.
The game started out with Mungret St. Pauls sending a ball into the square after a bit of a tussle it was sent over the goal line giving Mungret St. Pauls a great opening score which was followed up with 2 points. Doon pointed 2 balls before Mungret St. Pauls replied with their third point from play. Doon narrowed the gap to 2 points with Mungret St. Pauls putting pressure on the goals again they had to settle with a pointed placed ball followed up with another 2 points Mungret St. Pauls had control of the score board again. Doon did not rest and quickly replied with another 2 points. Mungret St. Pauls made use of two more frees but Mungret St. Pauls goals came under attack and Doon scored their first goal. Another point each before the half time break left Mungret St. Pauls with a small lead 1-9 to 1-7.
Doon were quicker out at the restart and had leveled the game in the first 2 minutes. Mungret St. Pauls received a free that dropped slightly short, which was knocked back into play by the Doon goalie, after a few failed attempts on the goals Mungret St. Pauls had to accept a point. Mungret St. Pauls were not wining their puck outs but were forcing Doon to wide their shots while striking their own wides. There were a lot of bodies in the square infront of the Mungret St. Pauls goals and with enough pressure the ball went to the back of the net for the second time for Doon changing the lead over. By the end of the third quarter Mungret St. Pauls had regained the lead with 3 points from play, Doon could only reply with a pointed free. After the puck out the ball was won by Mungret St. Pauls and worked back up the field to be passed over to near the Doon goal, picked up by a Mungret St. Pauls player and into the back of the net, Mungret St. Pauls again take the lead. Heading into the last 10 minutes of the game it was heating up as Doon pointed another 2 frees when they followed it up with their third goal. Mungret St. Pauls had to pull together but only managed one more point with Doon matching it leaving the pitch with a 2 point loss.
While this was not the result Mungret St. Pauls wanted they are still in the Semi final stages with another 2 games to go.

Mungret St. Pauls 5-15 Glin 1-7
On a sunny Sunday, 25 August our Intermediate footballers had to travel to Askeaton to take on Glin in the last game of the rounds. This was a very one sided game with Mungret St. Pauls taking charge and leading the way. This win qualifies our players for a semi final place having toped the table. Well done to these players and management for all the work they have put in to get this far, we wish them the best of luck in the Semi final.

What a way to finish off a fantastic week. The 2 weekend ran very well and were enjoyed by all who attended. On Saturday Limericks own Tiny Giants kicked off the evening, Paddy Casey then took charge of the stage and knocked out some great tunes. Something Happens took to the stage and had the place rocking before they handed over to The 4 of Us who kept the music going before the Tiny Giants closed out the night.
Sunday was our family day where we had an earlier start when Olivia Douglas took to the stage with the Ryan Turner band, there was a constant flow of people attending which was great to see. Stuart Moyles was next up on stage with both young and the adults enjoying their surroundings. Cailini Lua entertained the gathering crowd with their mix of singing, traditional music and dancing.All Folked up were getting the audience on their feet as they were getting ready to welcome Cliona Hagan who thrilled all audience with her breathtaking performance. Derek Ryan then appeared on stage and closed out the evening which delighted the masses of people who attended.
We are extremely grateful to all our volunteers who, without them we would not be able to put on this great night for the community to enjoy. Thank you to everyone.

The club shop will reopen this Saturday 31 August, we would like to thank everyone for their patience while the shop took a well earned break.

Image may contain: one or more people and outdoor