Limerick GAA – Job Advertisement
Lead Strength and Conditioning Coach
Limerick GAA currently have a vacancy for a Lead Strength and Conditioning Coach to cater for our Senior Hurling Panel. The position will be based at our Centre of Excellence in Mick Neville Park, TUS Gaelic Grounds and our GYM Facility in Limerick City.
The role will involve leading the development and management of the strength and conditioning programme for our Senior Hurling Panel. The successful candidate will be a vital part of a multi-disciplinary group creating a high performance training environment.
• In conjunction with the Team Management set out an agreed programme for the Senior Hurling Panel.
• Work with the Medical team to ensure injury prevention and manage team loadings.
• Develop and manage programmes for prehab and rehab
• Manage day to day athlete monitoring strategies that include various sport technologies (i.e. GPS etc)
• Work with the team Sports Nutritionist to design meal requirements associated with team training, travel and any other dietary needs
• Develop and execute nutritional plans designed specifically for individual players to enhance on-field performance
• Ensure a safe and functional training environment for the weight room and other conditioning facilities
Essential Qualifications and Skill sets
• BSc degree or higher in Strength and Conditioning, Sport & Exercise Science or a related field
• Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (NSCA) and/or UKSCA Accredited Strength & Conditioning Coach
• 2+ years’ experience working as the Lead Strength & Conditioning Coach in team sport settings
• First Aid Certification – include basic Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
• MSc Strength and Conditioning or related field
• Experience in data collection, analysis and data supported decision making
Please reply with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5pm on Monday October 11th.