Rounds Up: Wednesday’s Electric Ireland Sigerson and Fitzgibbon Cup Action:
Wednesday January 17th

Electric Ireland Sigerson Cup Round 2A

TU Dublin 2-11 St Mary’s 2-7

Round 2B

DCU Dóchas Éireann 1-14 SETU Carlow 2-8

UCC 9-21 ATU Galway 3-6

University of Galway 0-14 ATU Sligo 0-6

MTU Cork 3-20 ATU Donegal 1-14 AET

Conor Corbett supplied a crucial goal as DCU Dóchas Éireann edged out SETU Carlow 1-14 to 2-8.

It was a vital encounter for the two teams with relegation implications, but DCU Dóchas Éireann prevailed with Corbett, Mathew Costello, and Shane Walsh prominent.

Ryan O’Donoghue and Cillian Ó Curraoin were key figures for University of Galway, who shrugged off ATU Sligo’s resistance, emerging 0-14 to 0-6 victors.

Level 0-6 each at the interval, University of Galway dominated the third quarter.

There was never any sign of a shock in Bishopstown as UCC cruised to an emphatic 9-21 to 3-6 win over ATI Galway.

Diarmuid Phelan, Conor Daly (2), Seánie O’Connor (2), Killian Falvey, Conor Hayes, Ruairí Quigley, and Eoghan O’Sullivan all netted goals for Billy Morgan’s team.

Adam McDermott, Cillian Ó Laoi, and Ruairí Curran scored goals for ATU Galway.

MTU Cork defeated ATU Donegal 3-20 to 1-14 after-extra-time.

When the action recommenced MTU Cork took charge.

David Buckley, David O’Connor, and Ryan O’Donovan netted MTU Cork’s goals. Buckley was outstanding, finishing with a 1-12 haul.

Keelan Dunleavy was ATU Donegal’s goalscorer.

A late rally at the end of normal time from ATU Donegal levelled the game, 1-13 to 0-16.

Goals from Luke Swan and Joe Prendergast secured a quarter-final berth for TU Dublin, who overcame St Mary’s 2-11 to 2-7 in Round 2A.

Seán Quigley and James McCormack struck late goals for St Mary’s, but TU Dublin held on.

Electric Ireland Fitgzibbon Cup

UL 3-25 ATU Galway 0-14

Holders UL enjoyed a convincing win over ATU Galway in Wednesday evening’s Electric Ireland Fitzgibbon Cup opener.

Mark Rodgers, Adam English, and Ian Byrne scored UL’s goals.