SENIOR HURLERS: Patrickswell crept into the County Championship semi-final by salvaging a late draw against Doon. Mark Carmody scored the first point of the match, which Doon cancelled out immediately. The first ten minutes were very competitive as both teams shared four points apiece (Jason Gillane 0-2, John Flynn and Kevin O’Brien). While Doon went ahead with their sixth point, they were pegged back by Patrick Kirby’s fine goal in the 12th minute. Doon fired over another point to narrow the deficit to a single point; however Ciaran Carey’s men experienced a purple patch of three consecutive points from Tom O’Brien, Aaron Gillane and Diarmaid Byrnes. The scoreboard at the 20th minute displayed a 1-8 to 0-7 advantage for the ‘Well. The East Men were undaunted and increased their tempo. Doon recorded four unanswered points to equalise at 1-8 to 0-11 by the interval.

Doon notched the first point of the second half within a minute of the restart. While Aaron Gillane equalised shortly afterwards, Doon scored three points within seven minutes to move 0-15 to 1-9 ahead by the 40th minute. While John Flynn reduced the arrears to two points, Patrickswell’s scoring rate had slowed. Doon added another two points in the next ten minutes, while the ‘Well were unable to register. By the 50th minute, Doon were 0-17 to 1-10 ahead. Patrickswell struggled to close the gap because scores from Aaron Gillane (0-1) and Jason Gillane (0-3) were matched by Doon at every turn. The stadium clock reached 60 minutes with Doon ahead by four points at 0-21 to 1-14. The odds did not look good for Patrickswell, but Aaron Gillane had not read the script. In injury time, he fielded a high ball and drilled a superb shot across the face of the goalkeeper. The ball nestled in the far corner and Patrickswell re-set themselves for a grand finale. There was sufficient time for Kevin O’Brien to surge forward and dispatch an equalising point that broke Doon hearts. The final score was 2-15 to 0-21.

JUNIOR A HURLERS: The Junior A hurlers delivered a tenacious performance to draw with Kilteely Dromkeen in the third match of the County Championship. The game began at a ferocious pace, with our opponents scoring a goal and leading by 1-2 to 0-2 after just five minutes. Pa Dundon’s men settled into a pattern to record three points in a ten-minute window, while restricting Kilteely Dromkeen to two points. In the 15th minute, Barry Foley judged the flight of a high ball and caught it brilliantly. From one yard out, he tapped home a goal and put the ‘Well 1-5 to 1-4 ahead. The teams exchanged one point apiece before Kilteely Dromkeen claimed their second goal to hit the front. Over the next ten minutes, the ‘Well were narrowly outscored by five points to four points. The half-time score was a deficit of 2-10 to 1-10.

Patrickswell enjoyed the early stages of the second half. By the 35th minute, the scores were level at 1-14 to 2-11. Shane Quinlan’s goal helped to establish a three-point lead of 2-15 to 2-12 with fifteen minutes remaining. The game became more cagey, with a lower scoring rate. Our opponents reached the water break in the 48th minute only one point behind at 2-15 to 2-14. The lead changed hands on a number of occasions, although Patrickswell created a slender 2-18 to 2-17 margin in injury time. The match was now a battle for every single puckout and possession. Kilteely Dromkeen equalised in injury time and the outcome of the match was in the balance. Both teams pushed forward for a winning score, but there was no final drama. The clubs were forced to share a 2-18 to 2-18 draw after a tough contest. Patrickswell now have a record of one win, one draw and one defeat.

MINOR HURLERS: The Minor hurlers suffered defeat to neighbours Ballybrown in the opening fixture of the Premier Championship. Nine points were scored within six minutes as Patrickswell held a narrow 0-5 to 0-4 lead (Patrick Kirby 0-3, John Kirby, Eoin Harmon). While the amount of scores slowed, Ballybrown proved their pedigree as title holders. With five minutes left in the first half, the Clarina men had steadied themselves to lead by 0-10 to 0-7. John Kirby had added two points for Patrickswell. Unfortunately, there was another flurry of Ballybrown points before half-time and the ‘Well trailed by 0-15 to 0-9 at the break (two more points from John Kirby).

The start of the second half was quite competitive, with Patrickswell trying hard to close the gap. In the initial 15 minutes of the second half, both neighbours scored four points apiece (Patrick Kirby 0-4). Ballybrown maintained their six-point buffer at 0-19 to 0-13. The game was decided as a contest when two Ballybrown goals in six minutes cemented an unassailable 13-point margin at 2-21 to 0-14. The match ended with our oppenents accruing another goal and three points to run out 3-24 to 0-15 winners.

UNDER 21 HURLERS: The U-21 hurlers are scheduled to play Mungret in a County Championship semi-final on Wednesday August 12 at 7pm in the LIT Gaelic Grounds.

CLUB LOTTO: The Club Lotto was not won on Tuesday August 4. The drawn numbers were 2, 16, 25 and 26. The Bonus Number was 14. The Lucky Dip winners were €100 for Kyle Loftus and €20 each for Tony Gormley, Emer Foley, Noel and Marie Gavin, Liam O’Carroll and Mary Burke. The jackpot on Monday August 10 is €4,400.

CLUB LIMERICK DRAW: The fourth Club Limerick Draw for 2020 will take place on Saturday August 29 during the Live 95 Sport Programme between 10am & 11am. The Exclusive Star Prize for this draw is a luxurious 2 Ball at Adare Manor, including caddies.

If you would like to rejoin for the 4th draw, please visit