Munster MFC: Wins for Cork and Limerick:

Electric Ireland Munster Minor Football Championship

Quarter-final: CORK 2-12 KERRY 0-14

Phase 1 final: LIMERICK 1-9 TIPPERARY 1-6

Cork set up a home Munster Minor Football Championship semi-final against Tipperary after defeating Kerry at Páirc Uí Chaoimh.

The Kingdom go into the other semi-final where they will travel to play Limerick, who defeated the Premier to lift the Daryl Darcy Cup as ‘phase 1’ winners.

Dara Sheedy and Séan Coakley did the most of the damage for the Rebels on Leeside, with Bantry’s Sheedy kicking 1-5 and captain Coakley adding 1-3.

Sheedy had the first two scores and Cork opened with a five-point streak inside 10 minutes.

Paddy Lane (0-7) accounted for half of Kerry’s final total and he got his side motoring with two points from play as they narrowed the gap to one.

But Cork found the next in the 18th minute through a Coakley penalty. He created the chance which saw Denis O’Mullane pushed over before sending the keeper the wrong way.

Lane, James Hoare, and Aaron Casey cut the gap to two at half-time, 1-8 to 0-9.

Cork restarted with a bang as Darragh Clifford gave the ball to Sheedy who shrugged off two defenders and unleashed a rocket from the 14 to the roof of the net.

Kerry played 15 v 14 for 10 minutes after midfielder Mark Hetherington was sin-binned and three points in a row from Lane (0-2) and Daniel Kirby cut the gap to two.

But Sheedy, Coakley, and James O’Leary landed three of the final four points to make the game safe.

Up in Mallow, there was silverware for Limerick as they avenged their group-stage defeat to claim the Daryl Darcy Cup against Tipperary.

Darragh Hogan’s 58th-minute goal was enough to end Tipperary’s three-game winning streak as they overcame a half-hour scoring drought with a late burst.

The Premier got off to a strong start with a Tadhg Whyte free followed by a Liam Freaney turnover point.

But once Limerick got on the front foot, they kicked six points in a row with no wide while playing into the wind as Tipp went 10 minutes without a shot and 17 without a score.

Adam Murphy scored one point and set up three for Cathal Woulfe, Pádraic Murphy, and Callum Buckley.

Cian Costelloe was the third Limerick defender to score on top of a fine display at full-back, while Andrew Lyons added a free.

Tipp did manage to make a defensive stand in the second quarter, holding Limerick to one shot and no score. Points from Freaney and Jamie O’Keeffe cut the gap to 0-6 to 0-4 at the break.

Half-time substitute Charlie Grace made an immediate impact, scoring a goal on the resumption followed by a point to push Tipp back ahead.

Limerick ended their 30 minutes without a score as an Evan Curry free was added to by a Buckley point.

The Treaty were denied a goal when Peter Boland saved from Tommy Glynn and later Curry but on the second occasion, Hogan was in position to leather home in the rebound.

Ronan O’Connell kicked the insurance score with his first touch.