Our Junior B league journey ended on Sunday evening in Effin against
Blackrock/Effin in the Semi Final. We qualified for the semi-final
with two wins in the group stages over Knockaderry & Grannagh
Ballingarry. We commenced proceedings with a minute silence in memory
of our much respected Club Vice President Raymond O Hagan. Conditions
were excellent for Camogie and those who traveled to support us were
treated to a very skillful & entertaining game of Camogie which ebbed
and flowed with the lead exchanged on a number of occasions. Mungret
St. Pauls in the second half pushed ahead and at one point were 7
points up. Blackrock/Effin scored two goals in quick succession
without a response from Mungret St. Pauls which seemed to infuse them
with renewed belief, with time up Blackrock/Effin were awarded a 45
which they didn’t convert taking the game to extra time.
Mungret St. Pauls commenced extra time with renewed vigor and worked
extremely hard matching our opponents score for score. At the end of
the first period of extra time Blackrock/Effin had the slimmest of
leads by just one point. Our players battled hard in the second period
of extra time but a very well taken goal by the Blackrock/Effin full
forward proved the match winner after an enthralling 80 minutes of
Camogie. Final Score Mungret St Pauls 8-13 Blackrock/Effin 10-11.
Mungret St Pauls Camogie celebrate our 10th anniversary this year, our
aim as a club has always been to field in adult competition. It was
great to see players who donned the Mungret St. Pauls Camogie jersey
in the past return to the fold, we welcomed new players and it has
been especially pleasing to see our younger players step up to the
adult grade. We now look forward to the championship in August, it’s
not too late to get involved: if you are interested in playing Junior
Camogie with Mungret St. Pauls we train every Wednesday at 7pm pop
along and have a chat or email club secretary Carol O Grady at

Our deepest sympathies to the O’Doherty family on the passing of
Vinvent Falvey, father to Maureen, father in law to James , energizer
committee, grandfather to players Eoin and Cian.
Ar dèis De go raibh anam dílis

Mungret St. Pauls 2-10 Oola 3-7
On Wednesday 8 May in Oola our U-14 footballers played a tough game
they were leading by half time by two points. Oola came back stronger
in the second half and brought Mungret St. Pauls back to 5 points
behind with only 5 minutes left on the clock the Mungret St. Pauls
players put in the best 5 minutes they had and pulled off a draw by
the full time whistle.
Mungret St. Pauls 2-4 Cois Laoi Gaels 4-12
Wednesday 8 May in Kilbreedy our division 3 footballers faced a strong
opposition, they performed their best and never let their guard down
as they played a great game.

Mungret St. Pauls 0-15 Ballybrown 3-10
We always know we will get a good game out of our neighbours, this was
no exception on Thursday 9 May in Clarina. A game where our younger
players proved themselves. It was 3 unlucky goals that caused the
damage but Mungret St. Pauls put in a lot of work in the second half
to bring the loss to 4 points.
It was Ballybrown that made use of their first few chances to score
going up a goal and 2 points before Mungret St Pauls worked up their
reply from a free and a point from play. Ballybrown scored another
point before they took another chance with the sun beating down on the
Mungret St. Pauls goals they shot the ball past our goalie. Our next
puck out was won by a green jersey and sent back over the cross bar.
Mungret St. Pauls worked the ball up the slope and pointed 2 more
times. When the ball went down toward the Mungret St. Pauls backs from
the right side of the pitch the ball was struck into the air and
passed the backs to roll into the far corner of the net giving
Ballybrown their final goal and a ten point led. Mungret St. Pauls
were on the back foot from then. Mungret St. Pauls were using both
sides of the pitch working the ball and scored another great point.
Ballybrown went one more up just before the break.
The second half was a better game for Mungret St. Pauls as they had
settled into the game, there was a point a piece and then the
Ballybrown puck out was sent straight to the hands of a Mungret St.
Pauls player and back over the bar . Nearly loosing possession Mungret
St. Pauls clung on and scored another point. There was another 2
points a piece. Ballybrown only had another point in them while
Mungret St. Pauls went on to narrow the game to 4 points with their
next 5 points. There is no rest for these players as they take to the
field again on Saturday at home at 7pm. Photos on our facebook page

Mungret St. Pauls 1-13 Crecora Manister 0-18
At home on Saturday 11 May, Mungret St. Pauls took an early lead but
Crecora Manister found there feet and soon caught up and left Mungret
St. Pauls chasing them for the rest of the game.
The weather was perfect for a match. Mungret St. Pauls opened the game
in style with a sideline point, followed up with another point, there
were 2 misses for Mungret St. Pauls and 5 minutes on the clock before
Crecora Manister scored their first point. A powerful shot from the
left full forward straight over the goalie and Mungret St. Pauls were
4 points up. Crecora Manister then stepped up a gear and put up 3
unanswered points. Mungret St. Pauls struck one more point before
Crecora Manister brought the game to a draw with their next 2 points.
It went point for point up to half time with Crecora Manister getting
in the last shot let them one point ahead on 1-7 to 0-11.
The second half was where the game changed for Mungret St. Pauls as
Crecora Manister had 3 points scored before 2 pointed frees and
another from play brought them back into the game, only one point
behind. Crecora Manister added on another 2 points while Mungret St.
Pauls were being denied shots on goals and had to do with points,
Crecora Manister kept Mungret St. Pauls at a 2 point distance, Mungret
St. Pauls last 3 points all came from frees with Crecora Manister
scoring from play, both teams wided their last plays as the whistle
was blown.

Mungret St. Pauls 0-12 Ballybrown 4-12
In the return match for the Junior B hurlers who were very light on
players, they played the first half with 14 players but started the
second with the 15 players, unfortunately they were back to 14 shortly
after and finished the game on 13 due to injury. This did not stop the
Mungret St. Pauls players as they gave the neighbours, Ballybrown a
great game in the village pitch in Mungret on Sunday 12 May 2019.
It only took Ballybrown 3 minutes to shoot their first goal in the
back of the net joined by a point shortly after, Mungret St. Pauls
were on the chase. Mungret St. Pauls managed to send the ball over the
crossbar before Ballybrown struck again with their second goal. Both
sides scored 6 points each to see the first half out.
The second half was similar to the first with Ballybrown leading the
way throughout.It went point for point 3 times, Ballybrown started an
attack on our goals but the shot was saved, they missed the target
again but on their next attempt they struck the net. Mungret St. Pauls
pointed from a free, Ballybrown were sent their next 4 shots off the
marker, they pucked the next two on target they last 2 scores of the
game from one from each side, Mungret St. Pauls played their last
point while Ballybrown got awarded a penalty in the last few minutes
of the game and scored their last goal.
Ballybrown were presented the city championship trophy while our
players take a well deserved break for a few days.

Image may contain: 13 people, people standing, grass, outdoor and nature