Club Lotto is back! First draw to take place on Monday 10th August.
The Lotto is a vital fundraising source for the club and all the more so while other fundraising activities remain suspended.
Please consider joining the Lotto online in order to support the Club as we continue to reopen and get all teams back playing.
You can sign up for the lotto online at:
There are a variety of ways to play online. You can sign up for 52, 25 or 10 weekly draws at a time or even ‘three lines in a week for €5’. All of these options allow you to auto renew so as to be sure that you are entered every week.

On Monday 27 July in Mungret our U-14 hurlers took on a strong Doon team, our players put up a great fight getting their tackles in and making great use of their team mates. Unfortunately this game was not Mungret St. Pauls but it is only the first of the Championship for them.
Photos of the match available on our website.

Mungret St. Pauls 0-17 Bruree 1-9
The second group game of the Premier Intermediate championship saw our Limerick Motor Centre Sponsored hurlers play Bruree on Saturday August 1st 2020 in Bruff. On a slippy surface, the familiar foes faced off with Mungret St. Pauls knowing a win steers them into the semi finals with Bruree facing relegation fears if they lose.
Mungret St. Pauls started strongly and had two points from play from Brendan Giltenane and Captain, Cian O’Brien. Bruree rallied with points of their own. It was a physical start to the game with both teams trying to impose themselves, Ronan Kirby putting his body on the line for the cause and preventing a Bruree goal attempt. At the water break, scores were level at 3 points each. A Bruree point and goal from play within 2 minutes of the water break put them in front. After the shock to the system, Mungret St. Pauls responded with a score from play for Mike Mullins and 3 Paul O’Brien scores from frees. At half time Mungret St. Pauls trailed 1-6 to 0-7.
One of the characteristics of a great hurling team, is not to panic when you are behind. The Mungret St. Pauls men emerged for the second half with purpose and picked off some fine scores whilst keeping Bruree scoreless. At the water break, Mungret St. Pauls had opened a lead of 0-13 to 1-6. The referee let play flow with little or no intervention and this resulted in some heavy challenges. Brendan Giltenane picked off another well worked point from play. Perhaps the highlight of the game was seeing Eoin O’Doherty connect with an excellent shoulder to send a Bruree man over the sideline and almost out the gate, drawing a roar from the Mungret St. Pauls faithful, they felt that one back in Bruree. The challenge summed up the workrate from our players in the middle third, Rory Duff, Eoin O’Doherty, Brian Barry and Cian O’Brien putting in a great shift for the team. Paul O’Brien casually strolled up and stroked home a beautiful sideline between the sticks, touch of class on his way to a 12 point haul. The last 10 minutes in what seemed a very long second half saw Mungret St. Pauls face some pressure from the opposition but some dogged defending paid off, Liam Harrrington taking ball and Brian Barry’s head simultaneously at one point, all for the cause. Mungret St. Pauls emerged victorious 0-17 to 1-9, sealing our place in the county semi final. We look forward to our final group game next weekend against Cappamore.
Team: Conor O’Brien, Conor Flahive, Ronan Kirby, Eoghan Mulcahy, Conor Hellewell, Brian Barry, Liam Harrington, Rory Duff, Eoin O’Doherty, Shane Barry, Cian O’Brien (C) (0-1), Niall Mulcahy, Paul O’Brien (0-12, 0-7 frees/65s, 0-1 sideline), Mike Mullins (0-1), Brendan Giltenane (0-2) Subs Used: Brian O’Meara (0-1), Daniel Larkin, Kieran O’Dowd Subs not used: Louis Dee, David Bridgeman, Dec Browne, Darragh O’Brien, Barry O’Grady, Richie Burke
Management: Seanie Barry, Liam Cronin, Paul Harman, John Van Veen, Ger Keane, Brian Mullane, Killian Stockil, Dan O’Brien, Donal Browne, John Moriarty


Mungret St. Pauls 0-19 Kilteely Dromkeen 2-16

A physical game in Bruff in the second round of the championship for our Junior A hurlers as they played Kilteely Dromkeen on Sunday 2 August 2020.

Both sides opened the game with 2 scores each but on the 10th minute Kilteely Dronkeen struck a hard blow when they found the net to give them a three point lead Mungret St. Pauls ended up chasing throughout the game. Mungret St. Pauls reply was a point from a free with Kilteely Dromkeen pointing 4

unanswered points from play. Mungret St. Pauls gathered momentum before the half time whistle and scored 5 points to Kilteely Dromkeens 2 bringing the score 0-8 to 1-8.

It was Kilteely Dromkeen that had the better restart as they quickly added another 2 points to their tally. There were 3 points exchanged from both sides as each team were searching for a goal to change the game but both goalies were quick to block the efforts. Hitting their stride again Mungret St. Pauls added another 6 points to the score board while Kilteely Dromkeen only pointed 2, this saw both sides level. It only took a minute for both to score again to level the game but the 25th minute Kilteely Dromkeen managed to widen the gap again as they hit the net for the second time. Mungret St. Pauls kept up their efforts but only managed another clean point seeing Kilteely Dromkeen seal the game with a pointed free to take the win.

The Junior A hurlers are out next week in the third round against Croagh Kilfinny in Adare which should be another great game.

Players; Louis Dee, Barry O’Grady, Conor Lynch, Sean Mullane, John Malone, Conor Garvey (0-3, 0-3 from free), James Garvey, David Bridgeman, Stephen Dilworth, Darragh O’Hagan (0-4, 0-3 from free), Killian Ryan, Chams Jagana, Dec Browne (0-1), Cian O’Doherty, Conor Lenihan (0-5), Seamus Hurley (0-6, 0-4 from free) (sub for Cian O’Doherty at half time), Darragh O’Grady, Donal Browne, Eamonn Flahive, Patrick Dwane, Tim Lehane

Management; PJ Garvey, Bosco Ryan, Mike Kennedy, Tom Bridgeman, Eoin Ryan, Ronan McElligot.

PHOTOGRAPH Action from the Mungret St Paul’s v Bruree Premier Intermediate Hurling Championship game played in Bruff on Saturday evening last