Mungret St. Pauls 1-10 Bruff 0-8
On Monday 1 April our U-16 hurlers traveled to Bruff to play the home team. They were put up against a strong team but with a lot of teamwork they came out on top with a win in their first match out they need to keep the effort going in their training.

We are very proud of our players who represented Mungret St .Pauls today, Thursday 4 April in the Gaelic grounds in the All Ireland Freshers Final U.L. V. L.I.T. as there were three Limerick men in the
starting line-ups that had players from 11 different counties. All three Limerick players came from Mungret St. Pauls – Conor Flahive and Rory Duff with UL and Louis Dee with LIT.
It was U.L. that ran out winners; Rory Duff, Conor Flahive and Kieran O’Dowd on U.L.. Unfortunately Louis Dee for L.I.T. was put under a lot of pressure during the game and did Mungret St. Pauls very proud in his performance. We look forward to seeing these guys play together for
the Championship in the coming weeks.

Mungret St. Pauls 1- 7 Newcastle West 5-12
This was not the opening game result Mungret St. Pauls was looking for, going up against a stronger team who took advantage of Mungret St. Pauls mistakes. Played on our own pitches on Friday 5 April 2019.
Newcastle West began the game putting pressure on our defense until they opened the score with their first goal. Mungret St. Pauls replied with 2 points only for Newcastle West to come back and tack on another 5 points to their score. Mungret St. Pauls next score came on the 25th
minute which was quickly followed up with Mungret St. Pauls fourth point. Newcastle West were not giving Mungret St. Pauls an easy game as they notched up another goal and 3 points to Mungret St. Pauls one
point before the break giving Newcastle West a 9 point lead.
After a few failed attempts Mungret St. Pauls scored their only goal of the game. Newcastle West went for goals again but they were expertly deflected by our goalie. Mungret St. Pauls traveled the ball up the pitch to score their sixth point, a pointed free for both teams
lead into Newcastle West showcasing their skill as they continued to punish Mungret St. Pauls scoring 3 goals and 3 points to finish the game. There could have been more goals scored only for the quick hands of our goalie.
This team now have to regroup at training and prepare for the next game which is not due to be played until June.

Mungret St. Pauls 3-9 Athea 1-9
In Athea our second Minor football team played a great game as they pulled together and worked as a team achieving a deserved but hard fought win on Friday 5 April 2019. It is a fantastic achievement for Mungret St. Pauls to field 2 teams at Minor age.
Mungret St. Pauls were put under a lot of strain as they were kept busy throughout the game. Our forwards sent in strong footballs into the forwards in an attempt to snatch a goal, three of them were successful while the Mungret St. Pauls defense played with great understanding throughout the game and kept Athea from raising the green flag more than once.
This was a great game of skill and speed and we would like to commend our players on their commitment. They take on St. Senans at home this Friday.

Well done to James Garvey as he took to the dog track on Saturday night to take part in the human race for the Con and Annie Kirby Memorial Stakes, James ran very well and came in second place. Thank you and well done James.

Mungret St. Pauls 1-13 Monaleen 1-0
This was the semi final that the U-14 players have been working up to and they had a great game where they dominated the play and ran out winners to go forward to the Final against Kildimo Pallaskenry.
Mungret St. Pauls 2-8 Kildimo Pallaskenry 5-5
This was the toughest match the U-14 players faced in the Feile tournament and they worked really hard, putting everything they had into the game and were unlucky in their endeavor.
Most of these players are out again this Saturday for the Hurling Féile. We wish them the Best of Luck.

Mungret St. Pauls 1-9 Galtee Gaels 1-9
The game started out with the spring sun shining and a cold breeze but with all the injury stops through out the game it went 6 minutes over at the end which is exactly what Mungret St. Pauls needed to squeeze a draw out in Kilmallock on Sunday 7 April 2019
Galtee Gaels opened the score and held they lead throughout the game. They had 3 points up before Mungret St. Pauls struck but their last point was destined for the net only for the quick hands of our goalie
who sent it over the bar. Mungret St. Pauls struck in the thirteenth minute of the game with their first point. It was not long before the second point was added. There was a point a piece followed on by a display of football from both sides. Galtee Gaels went wide on their chance of a point while Mungret St Pauls sent the ball straight into
the goalies hands. Galtee Gaels went on to score one more point before the close of the first half.
Mungret St. Pauls came out firing on all cylinders after the break but
it was Galtee Gaels that were on target with their shots, Mungret St. Pauls chance on goal went to the wrong side of the post while Galtee Gaels pointed a free and then took a chance infront of the goal which connected with the net. Keeping the pressure on Galtee Gaels sent the
ball through the uprights again before Mungret St. Pauls changed gear and in the tenth minute of the second half scored a lovely point to bring them back into the game. A failed attempt on goal by Galtee Gales led up the football being worked up the field, lead into a free player who walked it up to the Galtee Gaels goal and raised the green
flag. Galtee Gaels pointed another placed ball leaving them 4 points ahead. Mungret St. Pauls scored another 2 points from play and were starting to run out of time. It was not looking good for Mungret St. Pauls as the opposition went another point up leaving Mungret St. Pauls to work up 3 points in injury time. It was Mungret St. Pauls
with fresh legs on the pitch lead the play in the dying minutes, 2 placed balls left it to just one point we needed to catch up, breaths were held as a shot went toward the uprights but ended up on the wrong side and with the kick out going into the hands of the Galtee Gaels
players it looked like there was no getting the ball back until a chance interception Mungret St. Pauls took possession and went for their target again this time it was successful, the kick out saw the game end as Mungret St. Pauls supporters cheered with relief. The
third game of this championship is fixed for July but the City Intermediate Semi Final against Kildimo Pallaskenry takes place on the 14 May in Clarina.

Mungret St. Pauls are delighted to be hosting our 3 day Easter Camp from Tuesday 23 to Thursday 25 of April from 10am to 2pm this year.
New for 2019, you can register on line (similar to club registration)
On our website in the DOWNLOADS section you can
click on the link, or you can download the forms and hand in with the appropriate payment to the club shop on a Saturday from 11.30am to 12.30pm or on the first day of camp.

Image may contain: 2 people, outdoor