MONALEEN GAA CLUB NOTES
COVID-19 RETURN TO TRAINING UPDATE: Monaleen GAA/Camogie/Ladies Football: Following the recommendations made by the GAA Covid-19 Advisory Committee on Saturday 20th June, here are the latest updates in relation to return to play in Monaleen:
• Adult teams may return to training from this Wednesday 24th June.
• Minor/younger teams may return to training to training from Saturday 27th June.
• Note: Teams must stick to the already allocated training time slots in relation to these dates e.g. if adult team had planned to return on Wed 1st July, they can now return Wed 24th June and not at any other time.
• Training before 29th June will be non-contact only and players and all participants MUST have completed the Club Education eLearning module and are following the control measures in place (health questionnaire etc).
• From 29th June, contact training is allowed and there can be groups of maximum 15 players (increased from 10) in a designated area of the field.
• From 29th June, challenge matches will be allowed, however for the first 3 weeks, training time slots will take precedent over challenge matches.
• All existing requirements regarding health & safety of our members remain the same. All participants and/or parents of underage players must complete the Club Education module, complete the Health Questionnaire and declare health status before each training session. The Club Education module is now available and the Health Questionnaire app will be released in the coming days.
Important: All currently agreed training time slots have been updated in the Monaleen website Pitch Bookings section. Please refer to this when arranging challenge matches & for any queries. No extra training slots will be allocated in the first 3 weeks.
CÚL CAMP: Dear Parents and Players, Monaleen GAA club has taken the decision not to host the Cúl Camp this year. We would not be able to provide socially distant facilities in the event of poor or wet weather. We understand that this will cause disappointment, but we believe that it is the best option in an ever changing environment. We look forward to returning in 2021 with both Cúl Camp and our own ever popular Summer Camp.
HELP AVAILABLE: Monaleen GAA club recognises that the current advice re-social distancing and isolation can leave members of our community with challenging situations. If there’s anything we can do to help you, for instance dog walking, grocery drops, even a regular phone check in with you, please let us know, we’d be delighted to help where we can. Contact Alan at 087 7766022 or Caroline at 087 6448807. Monaleen GAA Club has teamed up with Centra in Monaleen Stores and Newtown Shopping Centre to help people in our community who are in isolation. Working together, Centra can get your groceries together and one of the club’s volunteers will drop them to your home. Phone your grocery list into Centra Annacotty at 061-333947 or Monaleen at 061-338287 between 9am and 4pm. Let us look after you during these difficult days.
LOTTO RESULTS: The latest Lotto draw took place on Thursday, June 18 with the jackpot standing at €20,000. The numbers drawn were 10, 18, 23 and 30. Winners of the €50 lucky dips were S. Egan, Kylemore; S. O’Connor, Monaleen Park; G. Sadlier, Monaleen Park; P. Ryan, Hazelhall. The subscriber draw was staged on Thursday night last ‘behind closed doors’. The draw was streamed on Facebook and Instagram Stories. Thank you for your continued support.
A ‘sneak peek’ of works underway in the clubhouse. Lots more to come! Massive credit due to the team of lads working on our clubhouse revamp