Killeedy GAA Club Annual General Meeting will take place on Sunday 29th January at 7pm in The Sports Complex, Raheenagh. All members are warmly invited to attend.
Please forward any Notice of Motions & Nominations in writing to the Club Secretary – email@example.com before Sunday 15th January at 5pm.
Killeedy GAA Christmas Club Draw:
Our annual GAA draw has been changed to Saturday January 14th. As always proceeds from the annual club development draw go towards the up keep and maintenance of our fantastic facilities. Your support would be greatly appreciated
Picture 1:: Inset Here
Total of €5,000 in prizemoney. Seventeen winners ranging from €1,000 to €200.
Bord na nÓg Bonus Ball:
Congratulations to Nell Cremin this week on winning the bonus ball prize.
Children’s Officer (CO) & Designated Liaison Officer (DLP) Killeedy GAA
Garda Vetting through Foireann. Step by Step Guide to completing Garda Vetting through Foireann
1. Log onto your account in Foireann (each adult should have their own account)
2. Click on ”Profile”
3. Click on “Qualifications & Vetting”
4. Click on “Vetting Application”
5. Click on “Please review the guidance here on the documentation you will need to provide.”
6. That will lead you to “Gaelic Games Vetting ID Validation Form” – this form needs to be printed and signed
7. All documents will need to be uploaded (a photo can be taken of each on a phone and uploaded onto Foireann)
8. When successfully uploaded the Club Children’s Officer will review your application
9. The application will be accepted or rejected (if there is an issue with documents)
This is a new process so please be patient.
Any questions/ queries please contact Club Children’s Officer Cecilia Moloney 087-1214920 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Garda Vetting and Child Safeguarding:
All coaches / Mentors / Volunteers over 16 years involved with children under the age of 18 years are required to have up to date Garda Vetting and Child Safeguarding. Young people between the ages of 16-18 years fulfilling the role of responsibility with children will need parental consent. If you have any questions or wish to get involved, please contact the following:
• Children’s Officer – Cecilia Moloney 087 1214920 / email childrensofficer.Killeedy.email@example.com
• Designated Liaison Officer (DLP) – Miriam Magner-Flynn firstname.lastname@example.org
Raheenagh Bootcamp with Glasha Fitness:
Mike is returning to Raheenagh for a once off 6 Week Bootcamp in January(Tuesday 17th) subject to interest. Planned for 7pm each Tuesday. There will be places available for 10-12 interested clients. Siobhan will return with HIIT Pilates in the autumn.
Those interested please use the following link to book your place. https://glashafitnessltd.simplybook.it/v2/#packages
Ireland Lights Up:
Just over 1 week until Ireland Lights Up starts in Killeedy GAA Killeedy Camogie Club .We are looking forward to seeing everyone starting Monday, Jan 16th! Just a few points to note in preparation for our first night:
– Participation is entirely free of charge and suitable for all the family.
– Registration at 6:50pm in the stand behind Complex. Every walker needs to register on a weekly basis for insurance purposes
– Although the walk track has lighting we recommend wearing a high vis and carrying a small torch
– Walking shoes with good grips are recommended.
We will have plenty of volunteers and a fantastic group of walking leaders present every night to ensure a safe and fun event for everyone. So pop the date in your diary with a family member, friend or neighbour for a healthy and fun start to 2023!!
Junior-B All-Ireland Series 22/23:
Munster Semi-Finial Results
Junior B All Ireland Hurling Series – Munster Semi-Final 1 on Sun 8th Jan. Referee Conor Doyle (Tipperary)
Full time score: Bruff(Limerick): 2-8(14) Vs Sixmilebridge (Clare): 0-10(10)
Junior B All Ireland Hurling Series. Munster Semi-Final 2 on Sun 8th Jan. Referee John O’Halloran (Limerick)
Full time scope: Freemount(Cork): 1-13(16) Vs Thurles Sarsfields (Tipperary): 2-22(28)
Man of the match in SF-2 went to David Burke of Thurles Sarsfields GAA.
Brian Casey presenting the award on behalf of Claire & John Barry of The Pub Raheenagh.
Leinster Semi-Final. Saturday 21st January 2023
Leinster Semi-Final 1. Throw-in 12noon. St. Oliver Plunkett Eoghan Ruadh (Dublin) V’s St. Martin’s (Kilkenny). Referee – John O’Halloran (Limerick)
Leinster Semi-Final 2. Throw-in 2.30pm. Rosenallis(Laois) V’s Sarsfields (Galway). Referee – John O’Halloran (Limerick)
Munster Final. Saturday 28th January 2023. Throw-in at 2.00pm. Bruff(Limerick) v Thurles Sarsfields (Tipperary). Referee – Joseph Mullins (Clare)