KILLEEDY GAA CLUB NOTES
Parents of U11, U13,
Exciting Winter Training Session Starting this Friday Night
Our 2022 season starts this Friday night with an 8 week Winter Training Programme.
* We have secured Johnson Punniacody who has a Masters of Sports Performance from The University of Limerick. Johnson’s coaching will focus on developing players athleticism, speed and flexibility . These sessions will take place in the Ball Wall in Raheenagh for the next 8 Friday nights starting this Friday night, 15th October.
* On the 2nd night every week each age group will have a Ball Wall Hurling Session with their 2022 coaches.
* Limerick hurlers will also be in attendance.
* If a child requires a lift to training please let us know, we don’t want any player missing out on this fantastic opportunity to develop over the Winter months.
*Meeting to brief parents on winter training programme for each age group will take place before each training session this Friday night. It is important that a parent of each child attends. You will be notified about precise time of meeting.
* Can all parents please save the following name & telephone number of your child’s Co-ordinator for 2022 in your phone so you will receive any Whatsapp Broadcast messages sent to you by the coaching team.
U11 – Majella Scanlon 087-9919498
U13 – Majella Scanlon 087-9919498
Schedule for Winter Training Sessions :
Friday Nights with Johnson starting last Friday night , 15th October
U11(2011 & 2012) 6.00pm to 6.30pm
U13(2009 & 2010) 6.30pm to 7.00pm
Ball Wall Hurling Session starting this week
U13 – Thursday 7.00pm to 8.00pm
Woodlands House Hotel County Junior A Hurling C’ship on Saturday 16th Oct at 3.30pm in Blackrock GAA Club. Referee John O’Halloran. Final Score: Killeedy: 1-19(22) v Ballybricken-Bohermore : 3-15(24)
Killeedy GAA &Camogie Healthy Club Project:
**GAA for Dads & Lads:
Killeedy Dads and Lads are up and running Please! Please contact Damien on 087 8238390 if you are interested in playing.. Killeedy Club Members.
On Sunday 7th November, Killeedy will host the 1st Munster regional D&L football blitz. Killeedy will field a team in the event and you are welcome to come and see what it’s all about.. If the fun element of exercise through sport appeals to you, why not join our team..
**Gaelic 4 Mothers & Others:
And for the ladies…….Gaelic 4 Mothers & Others continues on Tuesday evenings in Coolyroe Astro-turf at 8pm. Please check out Feohanagh/Castlemahon LGFC Facebook page for more details. All welcome. Beginners welcome too! Contact Joann Larkin 0868516086
**GAA Healthy Clubs “My Mind Matters Challenge”
The three-week ‘GAA Healthy Clubs My Mind Matters’ challenge throws-in on October 10th, World Mental Health Day, and aims to inspire participants to set aside 30 minutes five-days-a-week for an activity that boosts their mental health. If participants collectively record 30,000 days of activity on the MyLife App (each 30 minutes of activity recorded counts as one day) between October 10th-30th then Irish Life will donate €10,000 to Samaritans Ireland, the GAA’s official mental health partners since 2015.
· Download the MYLife App
· Sign up for challenge
· Challenge from Oct 10th -Oct 30th
· Do 30mins of Activity each day
**Virtual Active in October:
· Get involved by contacting any team member
· Get out and active daily
· Take a photo of scenery
· Post to What’s App group
· Encourage others to get out and moving
JOG 31 MILES IN October for Pieta House:
Jog 1 mile every day in October.
Jog 31 miles in October and help stop suicide and self-harm.
Sign up now on…..
**GAA Healthy Club Virtual Conference
It promises to deliver a high class virtual experience with a mix of wonderful guest speakers and a selection of area specific workshops. This is a FREE online event that all clubs are invited to attend. There is no limit on the number of attendees that can join per club, but pre-registration in advance is required through the link provided. Please find initial conference information below and note that further details will be circulated closer to the time. Please feel free circulate to all club members who may be interested in attending
Date: Saturday October 30th 2021
Time: 10am – 2.30pm