KILLEEDY GAA CLUB NOTES
With the recent changes to Garda vetting renewal (now every 3 years as a result of changes in the Law )
Applications are processed as follows:
· Applicant completes basic information and submits to Limerick Garda Vetting Co Ordinator
· an email is returned to applicant with a link to complete a full application ( must be completed within 30 days)
· an email is triggered to adult club Runai informing them that applicant has applied for Garda Vetting
· once full application is completed its submitted to the Garda vetting Unit
· Garda vetting unit submits report to the GAA
· GAA decides on suitability and sends email to applicant and Senior Club Runai
There is a lot of new volunteers in the club, please contact email@example.com or Cecilia 0871214920 if you have any questions in relation to Garda Vetting
GAA & Irish Life’s MyLife app ‘Healthy Club Steps Challenge’ will come to an end on the third of March 3rd. The results and winners of the gift vouchers will be announced on March 11th once all data has been collated. In addition to the Irish Life prizes the GAA have added some extra prizes into the pot to acknowledge all your hard work. Keep Stepping !
Ireland Lights Up 2021
We are currently in discussions with representatives from both Sport Ireland and the Department of Health to determine when the programme is most likely to start. We are hopeful for a further update in advance of the 5th of April.
Diversity & Inclusion Webinar Series
1. Title: Diversity and Inclusion, How to become a welcoming club
Speakers: Petra Malone, Inclusion Ireland, Odhran Doherty, CARA, Ken McCue, Sport Against Racism Ireland, Aideen Howlin, Camogie Association
2. Date: 2nd March (Tuesday)
3. Time: 7pm – 8pm
4. Accessing the Event: Click here to join the meeting
Or call in (audio only)
+353 1 526 8365, ,396716879# Ireland, Dublin
If you require assistance accessing the webinar please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +35385 8760237 and please feel free to engage in the Questions & Answers during the event.
GAA ‘Be Ready to Play’
The Gaelic Games family launched ‘Be Ready to Play’, a Coaching and Sport Science programme in association with UPMC, official healthcare partner of the GAA and GPA, that will be delivered via webinars, website programmes, instructional videos and live online sessions. The programme is a holistic coaching and performance plan that will be of great benefit to all club coaches and players, male, female, adult, and youth alike. It will help them return to training post Covid in a way that will hopefully increase enjoyment, performance, and participation, while simultaneously reducing the risk of injury. Further details can be found here: Groundbreaking ‘Be Ready to Play’ coaching programme launched (gaa.ie)
Minimum Fitness Test
Operation Transformation, in collaboration with DCU School of Health and Human Performance, have developed the Minimum Fitness Tests to demonstrate the minimum fitness standard for your age group. These tests are designed to show you where you sit within the minimum standards of physical fitness and give you a target to aim for within your age bracket and gender. You can find details of this attached to this email and also via the following link: Operation Transformation 2021 » Operation Transformation Minimum Fitness Test (rte.ie)
HSE Stress Control Online
This is and evidence-based programme that teaches practical skills to deal with stress. It will help you to recognise the signs of stress such as how stress affects our bodies and our thoughts and help to develop skills to overcome panicky feelings and how to get a good night’s sleep. The course runs for three weeks starting on the 8th of March (timetable attached) and you can find further details at the following link: www.stresscontrol.ie
Irish Life Health – Wellbeing
Irish Life Health have developed a hand wellbeing calendar for the month of March which focuses primarily on, preventative health and financial wellbeing. The calendar includes lot of links to different resources and webinars that may be of interest to your Healthy Clubs and communities, click here to access the calendar: WorkLife-March-Wellbeing-Schedule_Health.pdf (irishlifehealth.ie)
GAA Museum Book Club
There has been a brilliant response to the launch of the GAA Museum Book Club and this week they are hosting their first live event. Michael Foley, author of ‘The Bloodied Field’ will be joining us for our virtual Q&A this Thursday at 8.30pm. The event will last approx. 45 minutes. Further details can be found at the following link: The GAA Museum Book Club – Croke Park
HSE/Healthy Ireland Health & Wellbeing Information
1. Alcohol during COVID: Alcohol during COVID – concerning trends emerging – HSE Health and Wellbeing (hsehealthandwellbeingnews.com)
2. Health and Wellbeing support for older people during COVID-19: Health and Wellbeing support for older people during COVID-19 – HSE Health and Wellbeing (hsehealthandwellbeingnews.com)
Support Websites/Podcast Links
1. University of Oxford – Coronavirus welfare advice for students: https://www.ox.ac.uk/…/2020-04-23-coronavirus-welfare…
2. Shine – Online support groups for people with lived experience of mental health difficulties and for families, friends and those who support people with mental health difficulties (starting Feb 24th & Feb 25th): https://shine.ie/shine-online-support-groups/
3. Irish Hospice Foundation – Support for Grieving in Exceptional Times: https://hospicefoundation.ie/…/Support-for-Grieving-in…
4. Turn2me – Mums Group: https://turn2me.ie/post/mums-group
5. Emerging Minds Network – Youth Mental Health & COVID-19 – What do we know and what should we do? Online Conference (March 1st-3rd 2021) – https://emergingminds.org.uk/conference-youth-mental…/
6. The Tell study (UK) – How can teachers support teenagers during COVID-19? Online event (March 4th at 4pm) – https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/…/how-can-teachers-support…
Healthy Club Webinar Calendar
Please see the attached excel sheet outlining some key webinar dates to add to your diaries. The registration link for each of these is also included in this spreadsheet.
Club Limerick draw
Club Limerick draw for 2021 is up & running…the first draw for 2021 will take place on Saturday morning, 27th March.
Log onto limerickgaa.ie/club-limerick-draw to join today, or reach out to any committee member.
50% of your money goes directly to our club and the other 50% goes directly to supporting our County teams. This is a great opportunity for everyone to give their support to club and county.
Ladies Football All Star
Congratulations to Killeedy’s Ladies Football All Star, Aine Cunningham on being named on the 2020 LGFA Junior Football Team.
Sympathies: The Ahern Family:
Killeedy GAA & BNG express their deepest sympathies to the family, neighbours & friends of Danny Aherne Raheenagh on his untimely death. Our prayers and thoughts are with you all during these challenging times. RIP Danny.