Fri 12th Aug at 6.45pm. U9 Regional Football Blitz. Venue – TBC
Sat 13th Aug at 10.15am. U7 Regional Football Blitz. Venue – Raheenagh
Sun 14th Aug at 12noon. West Junior B Hurling C’ship. Round 3 in The Bog Garden. Killeedy Vs Adare. Referee – Michael Flaherty. Pay at the Gate
Mon 15th Aug at 7pm. UI5 Hurling League in Monagae. Killeedy-Tournafulla-Monagae V Doon. Referee – Michael Browne
Wed 17th Aug at 7pm. UI7/Minor Hurling Championship In Raheenagh. Tournafulla-Killeedy V Drom-Broadford. Referee – Donnacha OCallaghan
Mr Binman U15 Division 1A.
Killeedy-Tournafulla-Monagea 1-13; Mungret 1-13
Our U15 hurlers played out a hard fought draw with Mungret away from home last week. A last minute free by Conor Hough was enough for our boys to earn a point and leaves them with control of their own destiny when they play Doon next Monday for a place in the Division 1 semi-final.
Our boys got off to a great start and lead by 0.4 to 0.0 after ten minutes following some great scores from Diarmuid Mullaney, Dylan Kennedy and Conor Hough. Some resolute defending, especially by our full back line of Liam O’Connor, Ronan O’Connor and Kevin Collins kept the Mungret forwards quiet in that early period, however, Mungret powered into the game after this and scored 7 points without reply to lead by 0.7 to 0.5 at half time.
The intensity levels increased after half time, with some tremendous tackling from both sides evident, with Cathal Kiely dominating the game from centre back, and Dylan Browne and Sean Lee working tirelessly. A point from Conor Hough was soon cancelled out by a Mungret score to leave the score at 0.8 to 0.6 after 5 minutes of the second half in Mungrets favour. This was soon followed by a shot from distance by Mungret that found its way to the net to give them a 5 point lead, 1.8 to 0.6. We were now in a real battle. A fantastic save by Cormac Kelly soon after kept us in the game. Both sided traded points to leave the game at 1.11 to 0.11 with ten minutes remaining on the clock. Conor Hough from both play and placed balls was our chief scorer in this period. Timmy O’Keeffe was unlucky not to get on the scoreboard during this period. A few positional changes including moving Odhran Kelleher from half back to centre forward and Ian Kenny to half back, along with the introduction of subs Jack Collins and Luke Rowsome, soon paid dividends as we clawed our way back into the game, and when a probing shot from Conor Hough from distance found its way to the net, the sides were back on level terms at 1.11 apiece with time running out.
The goal was followed up straight away with a point from half back Paul Collins who had made a lung busting run up the field. We were now a point ahead. However, this was short lived as Mungret got the next 2 points on the trot to put them one point ahead. Cormac Kelly pucked out quickly for the last play of the game. Following some great work by our mid-fielders, the ball broke into Odhran Kelleher, who was fouled about forty yards out from goal. Conor Hough stood over the free as cool as ice to hit the last shot of the game to earn us a hard fought draw. The draw now leaves us on 5 points, which means nothing less than a win against Doon will be required to secure a semi-final spot, by no means an easy task. The match against Doon takes place on Monday August 15th at 7pm in Monagea.