Ahane GAA Club Notes:

U21 Hurling:
On a crisp Sunday afternoon, we took to the field in UL to take on Doon in our third game of the U21 Hurling Championship. Doon got the better start, but we got off the mark with two Kevin Morrissey points from frees. Doon went two up before Craig O’Connell got on the score sheet to bring us back to within one. Doon continued to get some lovely scores, but we kept in touch with them, as Kevin scored points from play and from frees. Gavin Rowsome also got a lovely point from play which stopped Doons scoring run of four unanswered points. Jack Butler got a wristy strike away which resulted in a fabulous point that brought us back to within three points. Craig and Gavin combined for our next two scores, but Doon continued to pop over points easily as we entered the final moments of the half. Kevin again showed his pinpoint accuracy as he got another score from a free before Peter Donohoe got in on the action and got his name on the score sheet with a point from play. Half time and it was Ahane 0-11 Doon 0-13. Second half started with two quick points from Doon before David Carr got on the end of a well worked piece of play to get his first score of the game. Not a minute later and he got his second point of the day, and we were moving well. Peter added on another, as did Kevin from the placed ball. Doon hit their purple patch for the next number of minutes as they scored 1-03 before we got our next score courtesy of Mark Donnellan. Gavin then scored quite possibly the best score of the game, as he put the ball over from out near the corner flag, it was the tightest of tight angles, but it went over much to the delight of the Ahane crowd. Our first of three goals came from a close range free, which Kevin stepped over and slotted passed the five men of the line. A welcome boost for the lads who never let the heads drop. He then put a 65 over the bar before Gavin got a huge score from the middle of the field and it meant that Doon were only three points ahead with ten minutes to go. Doon scored 1-01 in a minute, but we continued to fight for every ball and our hard work paid off as Jack Butler got on the end of an Evan O’Leary pass and he volleyed it into the net. Four-point game, six minutes left, all to play for. Doon got three quick points on the hop before it was once again Kevin Morrissey who stalled their scoring as he scored a point. David Carr who had a serious game, was our third goal scorer as he took the ball on himself, broke through the defence, and buried it. One minute left on the clock and it was Ahane 3-20 Doon 2-26. We tried to get the winning score in the final minute, but we just ran out of them. The lads gave it everything, but it just wasn’t to be.

Bhí craic agus spraoi againn i Bradshaws le clg Átháin don céilí mar cuid den #feilenasamhna ag Comhluadar Luimnigh.
Lovely night out for the Céilí in Bradshaws as part of #feilenasamhana with Ahane GAA & Comhluadar Luimnigh